TMC Bio-Calcium Original Balling Set; Parts A/B/C.
*For the Balling Method of Calcium Supplementation & Chemistry Maintenance for Reef Aquarium
Tropic Marine Centre Bio-Calcium Balling DRY Calcium Supplementation 3 Part Set
3 kg. - $52.99
Part A Only (Calcium Chloride Dehydrate) 1 kg - $19.99
Part C Only (NaCl-Free Sea Salt with ALL required minor and trace elements) 1 kg - $21.99
Jump to Shopping Cart
Developed by Hans-Werner Balling of Germany, the Balling Method has become a popular method for dosing reef aquariums with essential elements, such as calcium, magnesium, among others, and maintaining adequate carbonate hardness alkalinity (carbonate hardness).
When used correctly, all levels of major elements remain constant, with calcium levels at 420 mg/l, magnesium at about 1300 mg/l and carbonate alkalinity at 7 dKH.
Many German aquarists who have been using the Balling Method state this method accounted for a doubling is size of small polyp stony (SPS) corals in their aquariums within about 100 days.
The AAP/Tropic Marin 3 Step Balling Method for reef aquarium maintenance of calcium, alkalinity, and minor/trace elements works seamlessly with the Tropic Marin Reef Capable Sea Salt.
Simply start your aquarium with this ultra premium sea salt mix, then use the Balling Method for reef chemistry maintenance (with this salt mix also used for periodic water changes).
Here is an excellent video from the inventor of the "Balling Method"
The Balling Method explained by Hans-Werner Balling
We strongly recommend viewing this short video!
Here also is an excellent article and video from a Veterinarian who specializes in reef care about why the Balling Method is superior to all others:
Dosing 2 Part, 3 Part, or Balling Method in Your Reef Tank?
- Calcium Chloride Dehydrate- PART A
- Sodium/Natrium Bicarbonate- PART B
- NaCl-Free Sea Salt with ALL required minor and trace elements - PART C
- Dissolve the quantities of salts separately, as indicated in individual steps A, B, & C boxes into of R/O water and dose equal quantities of the separate solutions daily or varying quantities of each solution separate solution to achieve the recommended levels in the aquarium.
- Clean Sodium Chloride salt can be purchased at hardware stores, Walmart, or similar retailers; this can then be added to the 3rd step to make a top notch sea salt too.
380g/ 16 scoops per 5 liters of R/O water will result in a solution concentration of 20,000 mg/L (ppm)
Each 125ml of solution added will raise calcium 12.5 ppm per 200 liters of aquarium water with a maximum recommend dosage of 25ppm per day.
Recommended aquarium calcium concentration levels of 400 - 450 ppm.
More About Aquarium Reef Chemistry:
Reef Aquarium Chemistry Maintenance