Why Purchase from American Aquarium Products
RIO PLUS PUMPS
Models 90, 200, 600, 1000, 1100, & 1700
The models 1100 & 1700 are excellent choices for the Hydro Pond #3 or #4
Rio 20HF, 26HF, & 32HF Water Pumps
An excellent pump choice for applications needing higher water pressure, but necessarily "super high" water flow (rates (gph)
See this page for Sponge Pre filters for your canister, wet/dry, or power filters.
AQUARIUM SPONGE FILTERS
For Premium Hydro Sponge Filters,.
ATI Sponge Filters are simply the best sponge filters, there is no equal!
For Air Pumps
Million Air Pumps
for air pumps, tubing and valves for your Hydro Sponge filter. Also available are the Fusion Air Pumps
For the best in Replacement UV Bulbs for your Aquarium or Pond UV Sterilizer:
UV Bulbs for Sale
Hydro Sponge #2 Set Up Suggestions:
Please Click the Picture to Enlarge
The picture/diagram above shows two ways that we feel are the easier way to set up the Hydro Sponge #2 (Air Driven Model).
Method 1 is to run the tubing to near the bottom of the second sponge with no air diffuser.
Method 2 is with the use of an air diffuser attached to the second bullseye.
Pond Use Suggestion for HydroPond #3 or #4:
This picture demonstrate a Hydro Pond #4 run by a Rio 20 HF Pump
with Volcanic Rock
to act as a Pre-Filter to prevent quick clogging of Sponge Material along with a TMC #1500 Fluidized Filter
for an effective Filter System up to 500 gallons (larger with multiple filter systems)
Please note that even with the many adpapter parts provided with the Hydro Pond #3 or #4, often many pumps will require wrapping Teflon or Duct Tape to the adpater part attaching to the pump so as to provide for a more snug fit.
The picture below displays the Rio 26 HF using a part provided with the pump and several provided with the Hydro Pond as one often many ways to connect these pumps.
The Hydro Pond Filter utilizes reticulated filter foam for higher flow rates. It provides both mechanical and biological filtration. Aerobic bacteria colonizes the sponge, providing a bacterial substance to facilitate the nitrogen cycle.
In addition, the Hydro Pond Filter traps larger waste particles mechanically cleaning the water.
• Maintains the biological filtration when main filter is changed or cleaned.
• Prevents debris such as dead fish and plant material from clogging the intake by distributing the suction evenly down the length of the sponge.
• Prevents small or baby fish from being suctioned into the main filter or water pump.
• Can be used as a temporary or permanent filter in ponds.
• Traps larger waste particles, mechanically cleaning the water.
• Includes adapters for use with various water pump intakes.
• #3 and #4 Hydro-Pond can be used in vertical or horizontal position.
• Easy to clean. Just rinse and squeeze.
• Fits most water pumps and filters.
• I have also used the Hydro Pond #2 for large breeding aquarium (over 150 gallons)
• A simple application would be a Hydro pond filter attached to a Rio 1100 or 1700 or other similar water pump, then run to a UV sterilizer, then back to the pond via a waterfall or other water feature. This is a simple and cost effective way to set up a pond filtration system.
When combined with a veggie filter (water iris or other bog plants with a small current of water passing through the plant roots), you will have an excellent filter system for under $150 that can maintain a pond up to 1500 gallons.
As an Aquarium Sump Filter or Central Filter
• The Hydro Pond #4 makes an excellent pre-filter (or even primary filter) for Sumps in Large aquariums!
Contact Us Page Shipping Policy PageReturn Policy Page
In fact we have used Hydro Pond #4 Filters as the primary filter in aquarium sumps including Central Filter Systems, as the double patented reticulated sponges can easily handle 250 gallons of water as the primary filter!
• The #4 Hydro Pond filter is also an excellent pre-filter for canister filters especially polishing micron filters such as the Magnum
Click on pictures above & below for a better (larger) view
*Water driven Hydro-Pond #4 (IV)- $19.99; Jump to Shopping Cart
• 4x4 ¾ Double sponge
• Excellent for Aquariums over 100 gallons, especially in sump or bulkhead fitting applications
• For ponds up to 1500 gallons as secondary filter or 250 gallons as the primary filter.
• Surface area= 276 square inches
• For BEST Results we recommend covering the Sponge Material with Volcanic Rock or similar to screen our larger debris (as shown in the picture in the left side bar).
*Water driven Hydro-Pond #3 (III)- $16.99; Jump to Shopping Cart
• 4x4 ¾ Single sponge
• Excellent for Aquariums under 100 gallons, especially in sump or bulkhead fitting applications or as a high flow pre-filter
• For ponds up to 750 gallons as secondary filter or 125 gallons as the primary filter.
• Surface area= 138 square inches
The picture to the left shows the adapter parts are provided with a Hydro Pond #3 or #4 Filter
These can also be purchased separately as replacement parts:
Hydro Pond #3 & #4 Parts Kit- $7.99
End Cap for Hydro-Pond #3 or #4- $1.29
*Air driven Hydro-Pond #2 (II)- $17.99; Jump to Shopping Cart
• 4x4 ¾ Double sponge
• For ponds up to 1000 gallons as secondary filter or 200 gallons as the primary Aquarium or Pond filter.
• Surface area= 276 square inches
• Easily run by most Aquarium Air Pumps
• A more simple application that tends to "clog" more slowly than the Water Pump driven Hydro Pond #4, an excellent compliment to other water pump driven pond filters of ANY type
• Excellent for prevention of Winter Ice
• See the Set Up Suggestions for the Hydro Pond 2 in the left side bar.
*High Flow Sponge Replacement for all Hydro Pond Filters- $6.99 Jump to Shopping Cart
(also fits Hydro Sponge #5 converting it to a higher flow filter)
For other parts to fit the Hydro Pond #2, #3, & #4 such as the "bulls-Eye" femal Strainer, Lift Tube, etc., please see:
Hydro-Sponge Filter Parts
For our full Shipping & Return Policy Pages (International Shipping, Checkout Info. Express, etc.) or to "Contact Us" Click the buttons above.
*Please use the Shopping Cart below to purchase products via Credit Card or PayPal.
Below is our standard shopping Cart for single & ALL multiple purchases
*Transit time varies from 1-8 business days for the Lower 48 USA depending upon shipping method chosen. Please See Shipping Policy (click on) if you have ANY shipping questions
*For Shopping Cart or Credit Cart Problems, see Shopping Cart Tutorial
*We only Ship Internationally to Canada, UK, Mexico, Most of Western Europe, Israel, Australia, New Zealand; (other locations must contact us first)
Use black arrow to drop menu down to select item, then click on item to place in cart, followed by clicking on the "Add to Cart" Button (item quantities can be changed in cart or you can continue shopping)