Submersible Aquarium & Pond UV Sterilizer |
*SunSun Premium Engineered/Designed 9 watt
& 13 Watt UV Sterilizer for Aquarium or Pond
*Pond Use Suggestions
AAP/SunSun CUP-613 13 Watt UV Pump/Filter- $79.99 • Suggested Maximum Aquarium/Pond Size (as per scientific UV-C calculations, not manufacturer claims!); 150/200 Gallons for Aquariums (CUP-609/CUP-613) and 1000/1500 gallons for Pond Green Water Control (CUP-609/CUP-613) . *Suggested Pond Use Method: For larger ponds, two or more of the CUP-13 model placed strategically around your pond can work well for a VERY simple to install (no plumbing needed!) pond green water control system, even in ponds over 2500 gallons.
• A Self Contained "plug & play", that includes the pump, IMPORTANT pre-filter, and Level One Capable UV Sterilizer for aquarium or pond use
• OUR Unique/Genuine AAP Internal (Submersible) UV Sterilizer Pump/Filters are unlike earlier versions of Submersible Internal UV Sterilizers for Ponds or Aquariums that our associated Aquarium Maintenance Companies tested, and which failed these tests due to leakage and poor flow rate and design (for optimum Level One UV Sterilization) resulting in at best green water control, but not level 1 UV Sterilization.
• However our AAP/SunSun CUP-613 & CUP-609 WITH HO UVC Lamps are better engineered than the first generation Internal UV Sterilizers by other companies.
Both the CUP-613 13 Watt & CUP-609 9 Watt SunSun UV Pump/Filter passed our scrutiny due to flow tests.
With OUR flow rate tests/adjustments these were the first Internal/Submersible UVs to actually perform optimum level 1 Sterilization (which is/was a problem with all the other brands we have tested).
However even the CUP-609 and CUP-613 both have flow rates that can reach only Level One sterilization (NO Internal UV Filter /Pump can achieve level 2 sterilization as can be achieved with a top notch UV (such as the "Category A" TMC Vecton/Advantage) mated to a correct flow rate pump as per wattage of the given UV.
It is also should be noted from our extensive UV Sterilizer experience & research that while an excellent out of the box "True" UV Sterilizer, these should be looked at as a "throw away" UV when compared to a top notch Category "A" UV such as the AAP Vecton which will last a decade or more.
That said, this specific model AAP/SunSun Internal Pond/Aquarium UV Clarifier/Sterilizer is the BEST in its class.
As well MOST of these other CUP series submersible UVs sold elsewhere do NOT come with the sponge pre-filter that is ESSENTIAL to lower water turbidity thus increasing 254nm UVC efficiency and often are supplied with a MUCH lower output medium pressure UV Bulb to allow the UV to be sold at a certain price point!
Reference this article about actual UVC output of low pressure and medium pressure UV Bulbs:
Actual UV-C Emission from a UV Bulb
We should also note that even these more heavy duty SunSun Internal UV Pump/Filters are still a more basic UV Sterilizer as per the level of UV Sterilization, quality of construction, Dwell Time, and more. If you are a serious aquarist or pond keeper looking for the best in UV Sterilization, please consider spending more, but getting MUCH more with the TMC Vecton and Advantage UV Sterilizers.
WITH HO UVC Lamp & Pre-filter
AAP/SunSun CUP-609 9 Watt UV Pump/Filter- $69.99
WITH HO UVC Lamp & Pre-filter
Jump to Shopping Cart
Back To Top
• CUP-613 13 UV Wattage; 13 Watt
• CUP-609 9 UV Wattage; 9 Watt
Uses Standard, or BETTER we recommend the Hot Cathode/Low Pressure G23 13 Watt UV Bulb or G23 9 Watt UV Bulb
We recommend replacing the UV Bulb every 6 months or once per year in cool climate ponds for best results
• Pump/Filter Wattage; 6 watts (110-120V)
• Pump/Filter Flow Rate; Manufacturer claims 528 gph, However our tests/adjustments rate it at 160-200 gph (which is actually a better flow rate for a 9 or 13 Watt UV Sterilizer to perform Level One UVC Sterilization!)
Horizontal installation will achieve slightly higher flow rates and is recommended for ponds while Vertical installation will achieve slightly lower flow rates and is recommended for aquarium installations.
Please note the above aquarium/pond sizes are maximums and at maximum these numbers are best case scenarios. For larger Aquariums/Ponds or less than perfect scenarios, we suggest a stand alone UV such as the Terminator or the professional TMC Vecton/Advantage.
• Double O Ring UV Bulb/Quartz Housing, insures maximum UV-C Bulb leak protection (this was a common problem with first generation Internal UV Sterilizers, that are unfortunately still sold)
• Length = 12.5 inches (CUP-613)
• Length = 11.75 inches (CUP-609)
• One Year Warranty on Pump and Ballast, 6 Months for UVC Lamp/Bulb, quartz sleeve warranted to arrive unbroken (no further warranty as these normally do not have defects and only break from mishandling).
• While by their design, NO Submersible UV Sterilizer is long lived as per our professional aquarium maintenance companies extensive testing, this is one of the few if not ONLY Category B Submersible UV Sterilizers and even with a shorter lifespan typical of submersible UVs compared to traditional inline UVs, at even two years of life (the AAP TMC line averages over 10 years), the operating cost is only $4.75 per month which is cheap for level one Sterilization (this $4.75 assumes purchase & replacement of HO UV lamps every six months too)
• PLEASE NOTE; due to the design of the impeller housing and constriction to prevent debris into the UVC Sterilization chamber, a slight buzz is normal during operation
*Please Click on the above left picture/diagram to enlarge for a better view
*Please note, to change the bulb requires the removal of a small screw (along with the double O ring) holding the quartz sleeve housing in place
• Part #1 Filter Basket CUP-609 - $8.99
• Part #2 Sponge CUP-609 - $8.99
• Part #2 Sponge CUP-613 - $8.99
• Part #12 Motor Both Models - $24.99
• Part #16 Impeller Both Models - $9.99
• Part #19 Impeller COVER Both Models - $6.99
Jump to Shopping Cart
The Picture to the left demonstrates a suggested use with Volcanic Rock (or similar substrate) placed over the intake of the Internal UV Pump Filter.
This will act as a pre-filter to allow larger debris common to pond applications from quickly clogging your UV Pump Filter, thus extending running times between sponge cleanings, extending the life of the UV, and simply allowing for better pons filtration and clarification.
This is not necessary for aquarium applications and even for pond applications is not essential, but our experience has shown your device will provide much better results and an extended life is this or similar pre-filtration is performed.
Two CUP-13 UV Pumps can maintain an otherwise correctly set-up pond for effective green water control.
See the picture to the left, please click to enlarge.
See Pond Care Information for more about correct pond set up including a Pond Veggie Filter.
*The SunSun UV Pump (as with ALL internal UV Pumps) is only designed for underwater of surface flow of water, the pump impeller design is not intended to generate the head pressure to run other devices (such as pond spitters, fountains or aquarium fluidized sand filters), pond water falls, or move water from a sump to the main aquarium.
Unfortunately some sellers/manufacturers of these or similar Internal UV pumps have made these claims, but this is patently false.
However when used inside an aquarium or small pond as these are designed for, your results can/will be excellent!
AAP/SunSun CUP-613 13 Watt UV Pump/Filter- $79.99
• Suggested Maximum Aquarium/Pond Size (as per scientific UV-C calculations, not manufacturer claims!); 150/200 Gallons for Aquariums (CUP-609/CUP-613) and 1000/1500 gallons for Pond Green Water Control (CUP-609/CUP-613) .
*Suggested Pond Use Method:
For larger ponds, two or more of the CUP-13 model placed strategically around your pond can work well for a VERY simple to install (no plumbing needed!) pond green water control system, even in ponds over 2500 gallons.
For our full Shipping & Return Policy Pages (International Shipping, Checkout Info. Express, etc.) or to "Contact Us" Click the buttons above.
*Please use the Shopping Cart below to purchase products via Credit Card or PayPal.
| TMC UV Sterilizer | Compact- UV -Sterilizer | UVC Replacement Lamp | T5-T8-UV-Bulbs | UV-Bulb-TroubleShooting | Quartz-Sleeve-Ballast | Internal UV Sterilizer | Pocket-Purifier | 15 Watt UV Sterilizer |
U.V. Sterilizers | Filters | Pumps | Fish Food | Aquarium-treatments | miscellaneous2 | Lights-Heaters | Aquarium-Decorations |
| Return Home | Aquarium_Information | Aquarium Products | Downloads | FAQ | Other | Contact Us | View Cart |