For the Internet's premier source for Aquarium Light Information: AQUARIUM LIGHTING; Facts & Information
The above article is a must read for any SERIOUS Aquarium Keeper who wants the most complete and accurate aquarium lighting information;
A MUST READ!
These new and unique LED Lights provide direct 6500 K Daylight that fits into a standard incandescent light socket.
Although not as powerful as the TMC AquaRay LED lights (it does not have the latest patented Cree emitters which only TMC has exclusive rights to), however the PAR38s have a more affordable price and fit many applications.
This includes Hydroponics Plant/ Green House applications such as indoor plant propagation for top notch growth with low lighting electrical costs at only 12 watts versus most other plant lights!!
• Includes twelve 1 watt Cree LED emitters
• Optimum PAR 65K Daylight emitters
• 95 lumens per watt
• 8 inch x 8 inch light spread at 8-12 inches from aquarium or plants
• Simple operations as it fits into a standard household E26/E27 incandescent socket
• The PAR 38 LED is 5 inches wide by 4 inches with a light spread of about 12-13 inches when light is mounted 8-10" above water surface
• Focused Lumen Output
• An excellent inexpensive choice for a planted Hexagon Aquarium or Marine Refugiums
• As with any well made/premium LED light fixture, these have heavy cooling fins and weigh more that even a common "screw in" CFL (1 lb.- 12 oz.)
The picture to the above/left demonstrates just one High Output PAR 38 6500K Aquarium/ Hydroponics light placed in an incandscent light fixture over the aquarium at approximately 8 inches.
Back To Top The Rio Mini Sun Fixtures *Rio Mini Sun Daylight and Deep Sea Blue Lighting Fixture- $25.99
The Mini-Sun is an entry level version of higher end LED lights such as the TMC AquaRay or our PAR38.
As with the DoubleBrite & the Ecoxotic the Rio Mini-Sun are not intended for serious reef or planted aquarium lighting.
• This LED light fixture comes with 10 LEDs with flexible mounting arm. This LED fixture is moisture resistant and easy to install. It comes complete with a UL listed transformer and moonlight mounting bracket.
• The Rio Mini Sun LED light fixture is safe for marine or freshwater tanks, generally up to 10 gallons (although these lights are not Reef or planted aquarium capable alone, only as complimentary lighting)
• Each Mini Sun Fixture includes (5) Deep Blue Emitters and (5) Daylight Emitters
(click on picture above and below to enlarge)
The picture to the left demonstrates a 50/50 (Daylight/Blue) Mini Sun placed over one half of a 40 gallon aquarium.
This picture clearly demonstrates that it is primarily for deocrative lighting except in the smallest aquariums (10 gallon or less and even then two would be suggested for a 10 gallon aquarium or one for a 5 gallon or less).
OTHER LED LIGHTING SUGGESTIONS
Rio Mini Sun
First please note that the Rio Mini Sun like the Marineland, Single & Double Bright,
Sky LED and many other LEDs currently available is primarily a decorative light or fish only light (it can be used in some 5 gallon FOWLR Nano Reef Aquariums, but newer TMC LEDs are still suggested.
The Rio Mini Sun is excellent for lighting one 5 gallon aquarium of any type, with a basic rule of thumb of one Rio Mini Sun per 5 gallons up to 12 inches of water depth.
PAR 38 LED
The 2nd generation PAR38 LEDs we sell (all PAR38s currently available are 2nd generation or older) is capable for some basic reef applications (softies, etc.) and most high light planted aquarium or hydroponics applications.
As a generalization, this PAR 38 requires .7 to .8 watt per gallon for high light planted aquariums and 1 watt per gallon for Basic Reef Aquariums (soft corals and most anemones, NOT sps corals, maxima clams, etc; for these the AquaRay LEDs are recommended)
The PAR 38 is focused LED that is excellent for hexagon aquariums or direct placement over a potted plant.
The light spread is 8" by 8" at 12" from the aquarium; so as an example, Two PAR 38 LEDs should easily work for a planted 30 Gallon Hexagon Aquarium.
For our full Shipping & Return Policy Pages (International Shipping, Checkout Info. Express, etc.) or to "Contact Us" Click the buttons above.
*Please use the Shopping Cart below to purchase products via Credit Card or PayPal.
*Transit time varies from 1-8 business days for the Lower 48 USA depending upon shipping method chosen. Please See Shipping Policy (click on) if you have ANY shipping questions
*For Shopping Cart or Credit Cart Problems, see Shopping Cart Tutorial
*We only Ship Internationally to Canada, UK, Mexico, Most of Western Europe, Israel, Australia, New Zealand; (other locations must contact us first)
Below is our standard shopping Cart for single & ALL multiple purchases Use black arrow to drop menu down to select item, then click on item to place in cart, followed by clicking on the "Add to Cart" Button (item quantities can be changed in cart or you can continue shopping)